Risk and Compliance Manager | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||21-Mar-2018|
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management services, project delivery services and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000 team members globally, BGIS provides services to a wide range of occupiers and operators of real estate and physical infrastructure. We manage over 30 million square metres across 30,000 + locations in Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region.
The Risk and Compliance Manager is responsible for supporting the Director, Risk and Compliance and VP Governance across the BGIS APAC region. The role will assist Management to track, provide remediation support and assistance with implementation of Internal Audit findings and improvement of processes and controls.
This role will be based out of our Sydney CBD office but will require occasional national and international travel.
Due to the security clearance checks for this role to be successful you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Liaise with all areas of the business to ensure procedures, business processes and controls are in place and aligned;
- Liaise with Internal Audit and Management to remediate Internal Audit issues;
- Promote and monitor our corporate wide risk and Information Security awareness;
- Promote a culture of good ethical business practice and controls for key operational processes e.g. Procurement;
- Assist in the preparation of Risk Board reports;
Skills & Experience
- Possess experience performing walkthroughs, risk assessments;
- Experience within an internal audit, risk or SOX compliance role;
- Experience performing walk throughs, risk assessments and performing controls and substantive testing while meeting internal quality assurance standards;
- Demonstrated experience in facilities management, property or corporate real estate environment is highly advantageous although not essential;
Benefits & Culture
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.