Project Manager | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2018|
Who We Are:
BGIS, a Brookfield company is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management services, project delivery services and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000 team members globally, BGIS provides services to a wide range of occupiers and operators of real estate and physical infrastructure. We manage over 30 million square metres across 30,000 + locations in Canada, USA, Australia, New Zealand and the wider Asia Pacific region.
The Project Manager will work closely with the Project Team Lead for this particular government client and will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of Project works carried out in New South Wales.
The role is predominately focused on delivering, maintaining and implementing process and procedures for the exceptional delivery of all services across the business.
The role is to oversee and drive the completion of works and services in accordance with BGIS standards and within specified project time, quality and budget while demonstrating customer advocacy through exceptional service as well as actively managing employees and subcontractors through effective leadership and communication.
This is a full time permanent position based in the Sydney CBD.
Due to the security clearance checks for this client to be successful you must be an Australian Citizen.
- Leadership of a team of professionals
- Manage project costs including total cost is within the client approved budget
- Management of all stages of project delivery including Scope definition, Production of scope of works, Design, Tendering, Construction, Commissioning, Handover, and Defects Liability Period.
- Contract administration of project contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Establish and maintain the project program including the critical path
- Ensure all OH&S procedures and practices are followed
- Regularly evaluate objectives and plans to ensure continual improvement, and alignment with changing project and client priorities
- Establish relevant, quality driven, external networks and relationships in order to achieve business outcomes
Skills & Experience:
- Strong demonstrated experience in a similar role delivering projects or Capex programs
- Business acumen with demonstrated capability in the contract management of consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline such as Architecture, Building/Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering and Quantity Surveying
Benefits & Culture:
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.