Senior Project Manager | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||05-Apr-2018|
Who We Are:
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
The Senior Project Manager will work closely with the Program Manager and the Project Team for this particular government client and will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of Major Project works carried out in New South Wales.
The Manager is predominately focused on delivering, maintaining and implementing process and procedures for the exceptional delivery of all services across the business.
The Manager role is to oversee and drive the completion of works and services in accordance with BGIS standards and within specified project time, quality and budget while demonstrating customer advocacy through exceptional service as well as actively managing employees and subcontractors through effective leadership and communication.
This is a full time permanent position based in the Sydney CBD.
- Leadership of a team of Project Manager professionals
- Manage project costs including total cost is within the client approved budget
- Management of all stages of project delivery including Scope definition, Production of scope of works, Design, Tendering, Construction, Commissioning, Handover, and Defects Liability Period.
- Contract administration of project contractors, consultants and suppliers
- Establish and maintain the project program including the critical path
- Ensure all OH&S procedures and practices are followed
- Safety management including the conduct and documenting of facilities inspections, risk assessment of tasks and safe work method statements
- Regularly evaluate objectives and plans to ensure continual improvement, and alignment with changing project and client priorities
- Establish relevant, quality driven, external networks and relationships in order to achieve business outcomes
Skills & Experience:
- It would be an advantage that the right candidate has Commercial Construction experience
- Strong demonstrated experience in a similar role delivering Major Projects or Capex programs;
- Business acumen with demonstrated capability in the contract management of consultants, contractors and suppliers;
- Proven capability of working within an environment using QA, OH&S and environmental management systems;
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities.
- Proficient in applications including Word, Excel, and MS Project.
- Diploma of Project Management; or
- Trade Certificate in relevant discipline such as drafting, building and construction, carpentry, electrical, HVAC mechanic, mechanical engineering technician;
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant discipline such as Architecture, Building/Construction Management, Project Management, Engineering and Quantity Surveying.
Benefits & Culture:
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.