WHSE Manager - University of Sydney Contract - Facilities Management | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||12-Apr-2018|
Who We Are:
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
We now require a WHSE Manager to lead the delivery of all WHSE initiatives across this large University FM contract. This role will work closely with all internal and external stakeholders to ensure our systems and processes reflect current legislation, and ensure all Environmental and WHS initiatives are delivered consistently across the contract. The main responsibilities within this role will be to:
- Administer the WHS Management System and retain relevant accreditations
- Administer the Environmental Management System (EMS) and retain relevant accreditations
- Provide WHSE expertise for the contract
- Manage internal and external WHSE audits and incidents
- Provide training on WHSE management to the Facilities teams
- Undertake subcontractor WHSE/QA compliance audits and inspections
Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years' experience in a WHS Management role
- Experience in planning, scheduling, prioritising, conducting and managing WHSE audits
- Degree qualification and relevant experience within the OH&S and Environmental management fields
- A strong understanding of Federal, State and Local Government legislation
- Experience implementing and driving change to continually enhance and improve delivery
- Proficient in desktop applications such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Able to express ideas clearly, effectively and with meaning (written & verbal), and to a variety of audiences.
Benefits & Culture:
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.