Facilities Support Officer | VIC-Melbourne
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||22-Apr-2018|
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
The Facilities Support Officer will have a varied set of responsibilities on a daily basis where no day is the same. You will be responsible for sorting and distributing incoming mail and distributing outgoing mail. The Facilities Support Officer will also be responsible for assisting the internal site management team acting as the conduit for client requests with the opportunity to provide handyperson support on an ad-hoc basis.
- Ensure that mailroom service is managed efficiently and effectively;
- Provide administrative support for various parts of the business;
- Assist with minor handyperson tasks;
- Manage expenditure and costs to meet agreed budget targets;
- Maintain the purchase order register and database;
- Assist the facilities supervisor with ad-hoc duties such as work inspections and emergency situations.
Skills & Experience:
- Significant and proven experience within a similar role;
- You demonstrate a thirst to learn and provide superior customer service within a professional environment;
- Demonstrated attention to detail;
- Ability to think outside the box to provide solutions to customer's queries;
- Certificate IV in Customer Service or Administration;
- Experience with a large ERP such as SAP, Oracle, or Manhattan.
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Benefits & Culture
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.