Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||25-May-2018|
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
The Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic will be contribute to the day-to-day operation and maintenance requirements for all site mechanical HVAC needs. The roster will be a 4/4 roster comprising of 2D/2N 12 hour shifts leading into 4 days off.
This role will be based in Ultimo just a short distance to the Sydney CBD & Darling Harbour:
- Daily rounds of site and checks
- Planned, Reactive and general maintenance and reactive tasks as they arise
- Undertake mechanical HVAC preventative maintenance, as well as replacement and breakdown repairs & parts replacement maintenance
- Working on generators, switchboards & air-conditioning systems, such as Chillers, AHUs, CRAC Units, FCUs etc.
- Assist with directing and monitor sub-contractors as required
- Undertake equipment inspections as part of preventative maintenance job plan
- Be the first response when an incident occurs, escalate according to established protocols and work on ground under the supervision and coordination of the emergency response team
- Assist in monitoring the NOC Room (national operating centre) comprising of the BMS & SCADA
Skills & Experience
- Relevant technical qualifications in Refrigeration Mechanical HVAC trade
- Trade License essential
- Experience in working with HV
- Experience in leading and managing multiple jobs
- Demonstrated drive and commitment to continuous improvement and a commitment to high quality service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to prioritise and work to a defined schedule within tight deadlines.
BENEFITS & CULTURE
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.