Carpenter | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||13-May-2018|
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
This Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing carpentry repairs to a vast array of the Special Forces operational facilities at Holsworthy Barracks. You will also be responsible for the production of assorted consumable target types manufactured from a variety of materials
- Provide carpentry services to ensure the Maintenance of the facilities meet training deadlines
- Ensure professional carpentry services are provided on a regular and short notice basis
- Supervise and deliver constructions, maintenance, repairs or component replacement for multiple areas of the base
- Work in close concert with each training program and with Defence in support of their training operations
- Clear and collect all unserviceable targets from the training range
Skills & Experience:
- Must be an Australian Citizen and have the ability to hold a Negative Vetting Level 1 or 2 security clearance
- Relevant trade qualification in carpentry, building, or engineering
- Must have previous experience in a similar relevant position
- Proven ability to manage a team
- Forklift licence, white card and similar licences.
Benefits & Culture
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.