Assistant Accountant | NSW-Sydney
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||16-May-2018|
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
Due to the requirements of our Government Client you must be an Australian Citizen to apply for this role.
The Assistant Accountant will be responsible for managing the financial process including month end, quarterly forecasts, FBT and ensuring that SOX Compliance is maintained at all times. This is the perfect opportunity to drive the finance process for a global organisation.
- Prepare reconciliation of bank accounts after RFFs have been processed,
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Be responsible for month end close including processing accruals, prepayments and all associated journal entries
- Prepare and Reconcile BAS
- Review the P&L to ensure all revenue and expenses have been captured
- Assist with the preparation of the quarterly forecast
- Assist with Month-end closure and budgeting
Skills & Experience:
- You will be degree qualified and CPA/CA qualified or currently working towards
- Extensive experience within a similar role and industry
- Comprehensive with large ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle and proven ability within Excel
- Experience in processing journal entries, reconciliations, and driving the forecasting in your current role including experience with month end procedures.
- Drive to continue to grow and develop your career within a globally listed organisation
Benefits & Culture
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.