Facilities Maintenance Manager | ACT-Canberra
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||24-May-2018|
BGIS, a Brookfield Company, is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, facilities management, professional services, project delivery and workplace solutions.
With a combined team of over 7,000+ people, we are focused on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively engaging new opportunities that add more value to our clients' businesses. Globally, BGIS manages approximately 30 million square metres of client portfolios across more than 30,000 locations in Australia, Asia, New Zealand, North America, Europe and the Middle East.
The Facilities Maintenance Manager will be responsible for leading, driving and developing our dynamic team at this purpose built facility in Canberra, ACT.
The role is based in Canberra, ACT:
- Ensuring that OHS & E policies and procedures are met and maintained by all stakeholders
- Oversee day to day operation of the engineering services team
- Proven ability in managing the delivery of subcontractors
- Oversee completion of work orders within the contacted time frame
- Stakeholder engagement and interaction
- Provision of reports and data to enable completion of monthly reporting tasks
- Contribute to financial performance
- Energy management and sustainability program management
Skills & Experience:
- Trades background in Carpentry, Electrical or HVAC
- Demonstrated understanding of current technical legislation in relation to the delivery of Facilities Maintenance Management
- Demonstrated understanding of hazard identification and risk assessment
- Proven ability in working within an integrated services and property model delivering a Property Management, Facilities Management, Project Management and Financial Management Services
- Business awareness with demonstrated understanding of the contract management of consultants, contractors and suppliers
- Experienced in working within an environment using QA, OH&S and environmental management systems
- Able to respond quickly to change and adopt a flexible/ innovative approach to problems and opportunities
- Proficient in the use of Word, Excel, and Outlook;
BENEFITS & CULTURE
‘Stepping Up' is an innovative and interactive talent development programme designed to help each member of the BGIS team contribute to continuous professional development. Our benefits include flexible work options, an EAP program which provides free counselling services to employees and their families, Paid Parental Leave, Study assistance and much more.
BGIS is committed to building a workplace culture that values diversity and inclusion. We actively promote and support the employment of people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, LGBTI and other diversity or minority groups.